Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Take Those Blues Away



When I drive, I listen to Fred Astaire. His singing voice makes me feel light and gay. To hear him sing  Cheek to Cheek  or The Way You Look Tonight  renews my faith in romance. Watching him dance in movies, washes a smile over my face and I feel a sense of serenity unmatched to any other. It totally enthralls me to watch him dance with Ginger Rodgers.

All is right in my world.

I had a rough week and I don't know what I would have done without him. Fred Astaire has been my savior on more than one occasion. He makes me feel fancy free and free for anything fancy. When I'm broke, I listen to him sing We're in the Money and I just don't care. When I have to drive in the rain, I put on Isn't this a Lovely Day, and sing along. Pick Yourself Up helps when I just can't do what needs to be done.

Heaven, I'm in heaven ~

Thanks Fred!


No comments: