Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's Not Just Right











I have a hard time getting used to new stuff, phones, remote controls, jobs, people, shoes. I like the concept of new things but the reality is I just have to work harder to adjust and it causes me anxiety. Not the kind of anxiety that makes me want to take a xanax, just not a toasty feeling. I like it when things are smooth and easy, I guess you could say I like it when things are comfortable and old. Like the way comfort food makes me feel. It doesn't make my tummy upset, it tastes good and it creates a sensation that everything is just right. Kinda like the way Goldilocks felt about baby bears porridge.

You never know what can happen when something is new. Things don't work the way you expect them to. Everything takes longer to do. Stuff isn't where you think it's supposed to be.

This all comes about because I need a new phone. My contract has been up now for over a year and a free phone has just been sitting, waiting for me. I've put it off as long as I can, now my battery is dying and I need to bite the bullet. I dislike this process so much I've started thinking I don't need a phone at all.

If there's an emergency everyone else has a phone and I can use theirs right? If it's a REAL emergency I probably wouldn't be able to use a phone anyway. Who do I really talk to on my cell phone that I can't talk to on a real phone? How will my life change if I don't text?

All this over a new phone.

No comments: